To get the printable recipe: http://www.LauraintheKitchen.com
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
1 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp of Honey
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 to 4 Tbsp of Milk or Water
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, honey and vanilla, mix for a couple minutes on medium speed until it looks fluffy and creamy.
2) Add all the dry ingredients and start mixing, slowly add a little water at a time until a dough forms and doesn’t feel too dry to the touch.
3) Form the dough into 2 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour to an hour or until it feels a little firmer.
4) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, take two pieces of parchment paper cut to about 17 x 15 inches, place one of the disks on one piece of parchment, place another piece of parchment over the top and roll out the dough so it’s just about the same size as the parchment paper (watch video for clear instructions on this because it’s a little hard to explain).
5) Score the dough into squares, pierce each square with a fork then slide the whole thing onto a baking sheet and pop it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges become a lovely deep golden-brown. Repeat with the other disk of dough.
6) As soon as they come out of the oven, re-score them so they break apart easily when cooled completely.
Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/LauraintheKitchen
#dessert #cookies #recipes